Fall is Upon Us!
The leaves are changing to brilliant reds, oranges and yellows. Fall is upon us! As we rake the leaves from our yards, begin flushing out our sprinkler systems, unhooking the water hoses, and cleaning our gutters to prepare for winter we many times we forget about winterizing our cars! Offutt Collision Repairhas a few tips to help keep you safe and sound through the winter!
- Prepare a vehicle safety kit for each car in your household. Each kit should have a blanket, ice scraper, shovel, flashlight, jumper cables, tool kit, first aid kit, kitty litter, water, and food that is non-perishable.
- Change Windshield Wipers. Windshield wipers traditionally have about a 2 – 3 year life span. They are one of the most overlooked maintenance items in a vehicle, and can be one of the most hazardous if not maintained. Do not find yourself in a winter storm and unable to see the road ahead of you because the wipers are not cleaning your windshield effectively.
- Maintain Fluids. Make sure to keep your gas tank above half way. Check your washer fluid, and keep an extra bottle in car for when it runs low.
- Have your car serviced to check on belts and hoses, battery life, and to ensure your heater and defroster are in working order.
- Check Tire Pressure. As the air temperatures drop so does our tire pressure. Make sure to check your owner’s manual for the correct pressure of your tires.
- Check the tread on tires. With the rain, snow, and ice in our forecast, make sure your tires have been checked for correct tread and/or be ready to change to snow tires.
Offutt Collision Repair would like to keep you safe on the road. Make sure to follow these tips so we won’t be seeing you anytime soon! Have an amazing Thanksgiving with your family and friends, and enjoy all the blessings each season brings us!